Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Beltane

Or- May Day.

Or- Mayday.

Today, the first of May, is Beltane- the beginning of the lighter half of the year when we celebrate growth and length; fertility and loving seasonality.  We celebrate with cleansing fires and delicious candle chanting.  We also celebrate it by examining our own growth, the length of our own journeys.  So it only seems right that I should use this day to send out a Mayday- a distress signal- a call for help.

I would like the next half of the year, of my year, to indeed be lighter.  I'd like to be freer, finer, happier.  I'd like to accomplish my Sankalpa.  Sankalpa is an intention set up by a practitioner of yoga.  It is a willingness, a determination, an INTENTION.  One usually sets one's sankalpa by repeating the intention three times during meditation, yoga nidra, or nidra vidya.

Lightness of Being.

Lightness of Being.

Lightness of Being.

Is that too much to ask?  Ha!  Of course it is.  But is it too great an intention to set?  Of course not.  No intention is too great to set; no determination is too weak to fall apart.  But mine needs help.  Mine needs, I need, major help.  I am having trouble, lately, keeping my head above water.  I am having trouble staying full of grace and lightness of being.  A LOT of trouble.  I seem to be slipping, darkening, growing heavier.

So I use this May Day, this Beltane, to send out a Mayday.  A cry for help because I am not above asking for it.

Celebrate with Fires.  And think of me, if you can.  Happy thoughts.

Much Love, Friends, and Many Light Thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment