Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Love at First Light- or Valentine's Day 2012

Love in the pre-dawn darkness-
the slow rise of light,
pinkness, redness-purple-orange
I love at first light
   the birds, the squawking, chattering,
   chipping birds
who love me the same-
who love me at first light.
I love the sun
I love him at first light.
As I love the moon all night-
the perfect sun-the holy-one.
The beauty of all gracefulness-
contained in one holy-one moment
of sunrise
light, Light, LIGHT.
Love at the first- and I am loved in return.
God, what love.
What love at first light.

Happy Valentines Day, Jo.  And thanks.

*I wrote this poem in the middle of an evening discussion at yoga intensive.  As I did with the poem below but this one is a bit more about the amazing people surrounding me and loving me and caring for me than it is about me.

Cheers, all, and Happy Valentines Day.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment