Wednesday, September 21, 2016

The Rejection Collection.

You know those moments of abject rejection?  The ones that you just have to let go of?  Or else you'll sit there and stew and stew and stew, and plot and plan and devolve into cartoonlike sinister musings, until two days later you've come up with an equally abject counter-rejection?


Well... I didn't let go.

Instead I crawled into some terrible corner of my mind and considered all the terrible things that live there- and how to use them to exact my sweet rejection machinations.

I have to say... my brain can go to some pretty bad places.

Which should come as a surprise to exactly no one.

I know it's childish.  I know rejection is only as bad as you make it and that really, the whole self-love and appreciation thing should be enough.  Theoretically.  For most people.  Who aren't me.  But sometimes it just stinks.  And evilly, and awfully enough, sometimes it's a little satisfying to stew.

And until next time.

Don't worry- it's not you.

No comments:

Post a Comment