Tuesday, September 6, 2016

Obessions Confessions, Vintage Style.

One way or another, I've confessed to all of these before... well maybe not all of them, but some are just so old school that they count as vintage-style confessions.

A couple of September's ago, Mom and I met in Salem, Mass, to see The Gaslight Anthem at the House of Blues.  It was an early birthday trip- and a worthy one.  I had already developed a longstanding obsession with the band, and their live show did nothing to help it.  They are my go-to fall band (really anytime band)- something about the lyricism and passion and guttural romance of Brian Fallon's voice drives memories, feelings, of youth and youngness.*

And fall is for the young.

And... also for pumpkins.  Definitely for pumpkins.  Some other blogfession revealed that I have a serious seasonal issue with Pumpkin Spice Lattes- specifically the cheap versions you get from the Cumberland Falls gas station retreat (lol) in Windsor, Vermont.  This round, it's all things that can be made of pumpkin puree.  I have already tried this recipe- as a loaf rather than muffins.  De-lish.  I'm excited to try this and this as well...

Which brings me to my next obsession.  Baking.  I forgot how much I loved it.. even with our godforsaken oven that doesn't heat to the correct temperature.  Even with my husband who is not a fan of baked goods.  I love making something from many other somethings else.  And go figure- I'm not terrible at it.  This and this happened the other week, followed by this and the aforementioned loaf.  Yeah, I might also have an obsession with 101cookbooks.com.  I've yet to make a bad dish following her recipes.

I recently saw the latest Star Trek incarnation.  It was as good as that genre-slash-redo can be by the third installation.  But it was great when it killed it with one of the best nods to early-90s hip hop I've seen in a Sci-Fi Action flick.  Yeah... raise your hand if you, like me, somehow manage to periodically blank on the awesomeness and cosmic rightness that is the Beastie Boys.  (I am ashamed of myself but it happens).

Come on... you know you love them.

Boots boots boots.  There's no better time for boots than the present (I live in Norway, so, you know...  it's nearly always boot season).  These are my current loves.  There's something super grand about chucking a pair of boots on and being set to go.  Especially in the land of ice and snow... okay, mostly rain.

So that's me with a long Long LONG overdue Obsessions Confession.  It's been a crazy couple of months and my feet are finally starting to find the ground again, so here's to more writing, more exploring, and more...

living.



*Also sometimes they hash it with The Boss.  So, I mean, there's that.

No comments:

Post a Comment