Sunday, February 1, 2015

Snapshots of Budapest


I give you a small photo blog of Budapest.
The city on the river. 

An accidental awesome photo, the rain got in the way
of the lens which got in the way of a passing
tourist so up went the camera and out
came this little beauty. 

Across the Chain Bridge there are probably
thousands of little locks.   Like a
wishing well, but more permanent. 

Yeah.  I take pretty amazing photos… but when you are
in a place that just looks like this…?  I'm not
actually that impressive. 

The river, the bridge, the shadows in the sun. 

Okay yeah, I became a creepy tourist for a minute
and took a photo of someone else's child.  But
she was so taken by this frozen fountain that
I couldn't resist.  Haven't we all had those moments?
(both creepy photo moments
and rapturous kid moments).

If you know me, you probably
know that I have a small obsession
with ravens.  This gate is just outside
of the castle on Buda Side.  What you can't
see is that the iron raven is stealing a gold
ring.

This is what happens to a grown man when you
give him two Euro, five arrows, and a bow.

The sky really is this blue, not unlike the
 blue of North Carolina in the spring.


See you all so soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment