Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Obsessions Confessions- Part May

I'm overdue for an obsessions post, no?

Oh but you are in for it… for this Kate is feeling mischievous and slightly misbehaved.

I'm going to throw this one out there- without explanation.  Consider it a mystery of my life here… Blue Smartwool.  Consider it a challenge, a code to decipher.  Just what, Kate, just what is the point of the Blue Smartwool?  Mine to know- yours to decode.

This song.  It's old.  But I found it again this weekend.  And here's the thing about it:

Well I wish I could kill you, 
savor the sight. 
Get into my car, drive into the night- 
Then lie as I scream to the heavens above, 
that I was the last one you ever loved.

That is, without a doubt, the most delicious series of lines in a song.  This is the dark side of love: wanting to be the last in a line of lovers.  Wanting to be the one who makes the most (or is it the least?) sense and making your lover forget everyone and everything else.  Only a band from New Orleans could make that desperate and that sensuous of a point.

And really, my obsession with Better Than Ezra is a long time running- ever since the first of many concerts I attended.  I watched the lead singer essentially make love to the microphone.  I was done for.  Seriously.  Done. For.

This song, too.  Much newer, but all the same- significant in it's own way.  This is the kind of dream that I imagine dancing to.  I imagine my other, my lover, my partner in crime coming home to me cooking, listening to music.  And there, in the kitchen, he pulls me to him and we dance.  What better place is there to dance than the kitchen?  And to what better song?

I beyond adore tattoos and tattooing.  All of you know this, I am incapable of denying it.  It has been suggested that I get a tattoo of 'Atlas'.  Which is brilliant and will absolutely happen when I find the right design, right artists.  But birds might have to happen first- birds along the collarbone so that I can take flight by lifting my arm: birds from feathers.  I have also considered the merits of:

FEE
FI
FO
FUM…

But I have no idea where.  My wrist?  The back of my neck?  Behind my ear?  Where or where does one put the words of the blood and bones of an Englishman?

Get ready for it!  Actor obsession.  Love this dude.  For sure love this dude.  Because of his delectable badness…. Yum.

Also… mountains. Mountains, Mountains, Mountains.

Always mountains, my loves.

Until next time…


No comments:

Post a Comment