Thursday, February 21, 2013

Nice to Meet You

Hello, 

My name is Kate.  

And I am a person.  

I have a personality.  I have intellect, wit, a suffering sense of humor, interests, disinterests.  I have a heart that can be broken and feelings that can be hurt.  I have a world inside of that heart and a maze in my head and I exist.  I exist

I am the sum of my experiences- the choking laughter and tears- every bit of good and every bit of bad- all the grace and all the curse- every mile logged on foot, on wheel, or in the air.

I am not just the sum of my caloric intake.  

I am not merely flesh and bones.  There is a being housed in those bones, spirit contained within the skin. 

I am not fodder, I am not grist for the mill.

I am not an object, I am not a subject, I am not a rumor up for discussion and whispering.  

And until next time, it is truly nice to meet all of you.  Again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment