Wednesday, December 14, 2011

When You Love, You Share

Of course because Christmas draws near I have begun to think about giving and gifting and spirit.  Today I was privy to a brilliant example of giving.  My most amazing and kind, caring, and profound yogi gave her entire class of students small gifts this morning.  A beautiful CD, delicious and restorative teas, a bit of candy for some extra holiday sweetness, and homemade, handcrafted lip balm.  What a perfect lady she is.  She thought about all of her students, all of her friends and loved ones and put together something that made each and every one of us feel so special and so remarkable- and know that to her, we are just that.  

You see, when you love, you share.  You share thoughts, you share feelings, you share your wealth- whether it is economic, spiritual, or intellectual.  Lovely Lisa, the extraordinary yogi, shared with us a simple set of gifts- things that made both her and us happy.  Personally, I like to share baked goods and the fondest aromas that make my nearest and dearest aware that I think about them all the time.  The point is that you share something of importance, of significance.

Even though I am unwell, I feel blessed- and I try to remind my self of it as frequently as possible.  Blessed because I have a network of people who love me surrounding me and sharing with me.  And blessed because I get to share with these people as well.  Some days I don't have very much to share, as I don't have very much of me.  But when I can, I do.

Until next time, Friends, Cheers- and Cheerful Holidays.

1 comment:

  1. I would challenge the notion that you are "unwell." A work in progress, sure. And aren't we all. But unwell, absolutely not.

    More to the love and sharing part, you are spot on :)

    ReplyDelete