Thursday, September 1, 2011

The Only Difference Between a Rut and the Grave is its Depth

Classy.

While I am not entirely sure who first said this gem, I am absolutely sure that it applies to my current state of being.  Absolutely sure.  The only difference between a rut and the grave is its depth?  Yes.

In other news, it is the first day of September.  And September is my month.  All mine.  I selfishly and wantonly claim this month.  Yes yes, I know that it's my birthday at the end of the month and so it's really not surprising that I would have such an affinity for it.  But September is the beginning of Fall, it's the start of goodness and apples (and apple cider!); of fires and feist and witching.

Am I still inching my way toward the grave?  Yes.  But maybe it will become a little more shallow for September.

Cheers, Friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment