Sunday, April 3, 2011

Happy Birthday, Brother*

*Disclaimer: I wrote this several... months ago. My brother's birthday is the 17th of January. I didn't have my computer around this day, at this particular moment, so I just jotted down what I thought would become the blog in my journal and made a mental note to put it up here. And I've been meaning to get back to it. But I haven't. In typical fashion, I forgot about it and I only remembered writing the initial journal entry today, when I passed the potato fountain (you'll understand shortly).

So on with it:

Day 67: Happy Birthday, Brother. 1/17/2011

Today my brother turns 29 years old. I am thinking about time and time passing. The forward march of time: years, months, days, hours, seconds.

All time, all in motion.

I am also thinking about the rocks in the designer irrigation system/possible fountain outside of our apartment complex.

They look like potatoes. All of them. Every single decorative "river stone" looks like a potato. It's weird. Coming home from my run today (granted my brain was on a barely functioning autopilot at that that point) I literally thought to myself 'who would put all those potatoes there? And perfectly fine-looking ones at that?'

All rocks, all in disguise as potatoes.


Until next time my friends,
Cheers.

No comments:

Post a Comment