Thursday, March 3, 2016

The Haunting.

Sometimes I wake up and think of everything I have done wrong.

To be fair, in my mind, this ranges from breaking hearts (not terribly frequently) to indulging in ice cream after a day of doctors visits, frustration, confusion, and stagnation.  To me, everything I have done wrong narrates my life in my mind.  Everything I have done wrong has lodged itself in my brain enough so that new neural paths are hard pressed to forge.

To be fair again, my mind is not a friendly place.

Sometimes I think of everything I have done wrong and it reads like a litany of self abuse.

Today I'm thinking of the things I have done wrong in light of the things I didn't know I had done wrong until they went that way.  I'm thinking of the things I did that led, inexorably, from moment to another to another to another

To now.

Cryptic enough?

(And if you're reading this, The Bob, I did not forget the period.  I left that sentence hanging for a reason).

There is  delicate line between what we do right and what we do wrong- between right and wrong.

Sometimes I think about all the people who regret knowing me; the people who wish they wouldn't have known me.  Not that I'm vain or self-absorbed enough to think they are many.. but everyone has someone that they wish they had never met.

And for someone out there, that someone might be me.

It's not like I don't have those people.

We

All

Do.

Those people, the memories of who we were when we were with them, are strong ghosts.

They are the ghost that keep the company of all the ghosts of the things that I have done wrong.

And sometimes when I wake up, they haunt me.


No comments:

Post a Comment