Friday, April 17, 2015

April Showers-

-Lead to entirely too much time to obsess.

I am late in this one.  I know, I know, I know.  But Holy Bananas, I cannot get enough of The Walking Dead.  And Netflix has made this obsession exceptionally easy to dwell on- that's right, they have the first three seasons streaming.  To be totally honest, I talk a big game BUT… I can only binge on a few episodes a time before I start having auditory hallucinations- so there's that (No Kate, that's not a Zombie- that's just someone snoring in the other room).  I mean, I started watching it in order to stop the unnecessary goading from a certain someone (yes, I am a pansy- get over it!)  But yeah… now I totally get it.  I also get the Daryl obsession floating around the interblogs.  Hellooooo, Norman Reedus- you are getting added to the short list.

I should have included these guys in my last obsessions post.  I discovered them when I was last in Norway (I think everyone else knew them, I think, from this most recent World Cup- some sort of theme song thingy).  X Ambassadors are pretty much on constant repeat on my iPod.  Especially having downloaded their second EP.  This song makes me simultaneously happy and sad.  There is an honesty and rawness to his voice that makes it both ultra-masculine and ultra-appealing.  Brother does the same thing to me, the happy and the sad.  It's one of those songs with wrenching lyrics couched in a  pretty harmony.

Goodness, enough of that.

This website has become an endless time suck- as well as an inspiration for some *ahem* potential artwork.

Since beginning to work at REI, I have formed an unhealthy attachment to a certain fixture- one which houses all manner of fitness tracking devices: FitBits, Jawbones, Suunto watches.  In particular, the side that is closest to my line of vision has the display for  the Garmin line of trackers.  And boy howdy, have I talked myself into and out of a Garmin Vivo Fit2 (or VivoSmart) about a thousand times.  And here's the thing… on the list of things that I need to get together before moving to Norway- Garmin ranks cavernously low- far below the numbers one and two: extra contact lenses and meds for Henry.  Not to mention that I don't actually need any extra incentive for watching what I eat and how much I move- yeah. Right.  I'm a fairly accomplished anorexic, let's be honest, I do just fine on my own.

This website is messing with my head (see above).

I'm going to put this out there- judge me if you want- but I like the new Mumford and Sons single.  There, I said it.  Continuity be damned, shake it up!

BOLO for a blog on The Bob's birthday- which makes the obsessions list only because I try to top myself every year.  Not that every year is better than the last, only that one year in particular still makes me happy to have written- yes, I'm obsessed with my own writing- let it go, I'm otherwise utterly without ego.  The Birthday Blog, thanks to an unaware auntie, has become on of my yearly favorites and it's about time to start obsessing and a-typing.

And Until the 22nd.  Happy Obsessing.

No comments:

Post a Comment