Monday, March 17, 2014

Mark It

My life is a carefully measured cocktail of nonsense.

And for the next year, it is going to be an exceptionally well-chilled cocktail.

After many moons of holding back and bolting forward and globe trotting (just because), I am finally making the move north to my beloved New Hampshire.

To be clear- I have been warned: not once, twice, nor thrice, but on more occasions than I can count.  I have been warned that I am being over sentimental and nostalgic.  I have been warned that I am moving at the wrong time for the wrong reasons.  I have been warned that I will, beyond a shadow of a doubt, freeze to death.  Or, at the very least, lose my circulatorily (I did make up that word, yes) delicate digitalia to the cold.

I have been warned.

And yet, here I go.

But I go with a promise to myself (and those of you who follow this blog with some faith know how I feel about making and breaking promises to myself)- a promise that I will give it one year.  Stick it out for exactly one year.  If, after one year, all has gone to hell, then I get to flee back south with tail proudly NOT tucked between legs.  I get to flee to warm weather and four solid seasons.

If, however, I can stick it and NOT freeze, loose fingers or toes, die, etc… I might just try to make it work.

So that's it, kiddos.

Mark it.

My year begins on March 23, 2014.


No comments:

Post a Comment