Thursday, April 18, 2013

The Other-

Today I am missing a person whom I should not miss at all- a person I have not missed in a long, long time.

And it's not the person I am missing, not in particular.  It is the comfort of 'the other' that I miss.  The reassurance of a warm hand to hold; a skinny shoulder on which to rest my weary and troubled head.  I am missing discussion- and help.  I am missing the comfort of having another- the other- decision maker.  The person who bore part of a shared burden.

Because right now, the burden is all mine.

And i am missing that other who was my partner- childishly longing for his advice, his support, his presence.

But.  The other is not here, not presence.  The other is gone.  So it is me and my own brain, heart, and soul ploughing the way through this new adventure.

Until next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment