Friday, March 22, 2013

That Time of Year

Earth Hour is tomorrow evening, 8:30 to 9:30 PM your local time.

I write about this every year because I believe that every year we need reminding of the power of powerlessness.  

One hour of our time- without electric lights- can change so very much.  Consider this- what if we turned off our lights every day for just one hour longer?  How much energy would we save?  How much power would recharge?
 
This may seem like an utter aside- but go with it.  I try every night to read by candle light.  It does two things for me- keeps the electric buzz away and restores the simplicity for which I so long.  I doubt that I am changing the world or making any ostensible mark on the electric grid by this hour of candlelit ease.  I doubt that anyone even cares. 

But tomorrow- tomorrow we can all change the world and indeed make a terribly ostensible mark on the electric grid.  Tomorrow I hope that everyone cares. 

Much love, 

AND TURN OFF YOUR LIGHTS!!!

1 comment: