Monday, February 15, 2016

February Obsessions

Nothing forces you to sit down and consider writing like tripping over your dog, falling full-on down, and busting your knee.

And so I now have some enforced time to just be.

Which gives me just enough (enforced) time to confess my newest obsessions.

Let's begin with The Newsroom.  I know, I know, I'm late to it again.  Like, really late.  Late enough that I just found out that the series is no longer in production, DAMMIT!  I'm a pretty big fan of Aaron Sorkin as it is.  Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip is my favorite series of all time.  His writing is fast and smart and he takes glee in challenging his audience- a trait I find severely absent in most of pop culture.  The Newsroom, like Studio 60, like The West Wing before it, is witty and unforgiving- almost abusively entertaining.  Talk about binge watching.

Plus it's on HBO- so no commercials.  Boom.

Next on we have my obsessive compulsive travel disorder.  This month I'm to Dublin (to take in this concert!).  March I'm in Amsterdam for the Easter holiday.  And possibly the Hague.  (I know, so boring- so many places I've already chronicled on this site).  Not so sure about April but then in May we're off to Prague.

And then there's July.

Oh yes.... already we've reached July... and already I have a safari window open with four tabs detailing the time, dedication, and potential wallet suck it takes to get to Machu Picchu.  Oh yes yes!  Away we go to Machu Picchu- a destination that has been on my go-to list for (hang on, I'm doing the math of my age here) nearly two decades.  Not kidding, not even a little.  In July Steve and I are headed back to the State's for a jaunty little reception in New Orleans followed by a (and I'm literally humming with excitement about this already) week long stay in Peru.  Which, of course, means I've got this book on pre-order.  I really should just buy stock in Lonely Planet.

Really.

This tattoo idea- more refined and more Corvus Genus, but you get the idea.  I need to start working on my birds again. There is a distinct probability that by the end of this there will be a sleeve.

This cover.  Gotta love the jam.  Especially when a bunch of dudes do it.

Homemade Almond Milk Chai Teas.  Yes, it really is a mouthful.  (In more ways than one). When I lived in China, I used to make homemade chai tea all the time.  It's easier than Starbucks makes it out to be- you don't need a premade mix, you don't need fancy latte machines.  You need milk, black tea, and your particular palate of spice and sweetness.  The trick is to put the tea back in with the milk or water before you even begin to heat the liquid.  Then as the milk begins to heat, it simultaneously brews the tea which heightens the flavor in the most delicious way.  And almond milk is just plain yummy.


And with that, I leave you all to redress a bandage, take a painkiller, and download more episodes of *ahem... doesn't really matter.

Until next time, enjoy the show :).



No comments:

Post a Comment