Monday, July 14, 2014

Short, Sweet, and to the Obsessions

I may or may not have skipped a month in my obsessions confessions. Possibly because one of my obsessions was just WAY TOO embarrassing to throw out there... ever.  Possibly because I am still obsessed with the same stuff as earlier in the summer.

But because I owe my leery followers something... I give you a short and sweet obsessions list:

KEXP.  How the hell long has this been around and I'm only now figuring out the level of awesomeness of Live on KEXP performances??  In particular, I am digging on this linked performance- but I'm pretty sure I've already exalted the greatness of Augustines.  In fact, Henry and I had their album cranked this morning, driving home to Windsor from our weekend adventure with Auntie Iris in Maine.  Coffee and Cruel City kept me awake while the pup napped on the front seat. 

The Gaslight Anthem (yes, most definitely still still obsessed with them) releases a new album in August.  (Holy Shit, yes I did just get tickets to see them in Boston in September).

Aaaaannnndddd this song is on that album.  And it's not just that it's GA or that Brian Fallon sings the way a wood fire smells (okay, maybe a little)... it's what the song is saying.  It is absolutely what the song says: And I came to get hurt/Might as well do your worst to me. That idea slays me- absolutely slays me every time I consider it.  It is the heart-on-the-line version of picking a fight.  I came here to get hurt.  I know it's going to happen.  I want it to happen because at least it's something.  I came here with knowledge- bad knowledge- and I am accepting it all.  I want to be hurt (and maybe I want to hurt you a little, too)- so let's rumble.

Tom Wisdom.  Surprise!  An actor crush?!?!  Who, me?

Also, this dude.  16 saves later, the US still lost.  But hell.  Tim Howard?  Yes Puh-lease. (Also, for those of you who like a good game of doppelgänger- head to the Wild Rover in Manchester, NH.  The head chef there sports a striking resemblance to Howard.  Which is to say, he's beautiful.) 

This one is bad.. but Facebook on my phone.. ugh.  I hate even admitting that, and I'm certainly not dignifying it with a link- but who knew it would be so useful for posting in the moment?

I think that is all, for now. 

Until next time, My Dears..

No comments:

Post a Comment