Thursday, November 24, 2011

Pilgrimage, Part Two

To keep things alive and entertaining, I give you 'Pilgrimage, Part Two' or 'How Many Women Does it Take to Make a Drink.'  Let me preface by saying I adore my family.  I adore every bizarre, quirky, outrageously distinct  inch of my family.  And this blog serves distinctly as a chronicle to the greatness of the Seyfried-Cleerdin/Devaney/Zdobinski/Thompson clan.

 Right now I am sitting in the kitchen and drinking something called a Poinsettia.  It's a delightful champagne drink (see below) with triple sec and a bit of cranberry.  It's totally girly and does, indeed take four women to make.  Once again, I love these people.
So aside from a non-stop festival celebrating the White Man's Fire Water, this past week has been full of the most delicious possible excursions.  For example, and I must say I don't think I could be more excited to share this, I saw a wall of toilets.  A WALL of TOILETS.  It is the first wall of toilets I have ever seen.  And this wasn't just any wall of toilets, this was the wall of toilets at the Kohler Design Center in Kohler, Wisconsin.  It is epically art-deco (or art nouveau depending on which school of thoughts to which you subscribe). And my oh my, it was beautifully well done, all things considered.

Not to mention the phenomenally well-designed toilets (which you can use, as opposed to the wall of toilets toilets) John Michael Kohler Arts Center.  These Wisconsinites really seem to enjoy their personal spaces... their very personal spaces, know what I mean?

There has also been epic shopping- food, thrift, chocolates, more thrift, more chocolates and food.  Shopping in my dearest Auntie Nancy's jewelry box, planters (I am now the proud owner of a Jade plant named Pomona) and closet in general.

Then there is the Drunken Turkey.  I know, I know, but I haven't posted photos in a long time.  Yes, this is our Thom Turkey- or Thomasina, rather, because apparently the smaller birds are women-folk.  And if you look carefully in the back of the picture you will see aleve, ibuprofen, tums, AND Magners hard Cider.  Only one of those items contributed to the cooking of the holiday feast.  I will give you one guess to which item that was.

That's right.  The Cider.

Thanksgiving is the right season for happy thoughts.  Like toilets.  And Poinsettias.

Go Packs (I was informed by Wisconsinite Auntie that I must absolutely say that whilst in Wisconsin).

And then some.

Wait till part three... tentatively entitled 'Without Advertising, We Wouldn't Eat Cookies Made By Elves.'

No comments:

Post a Comment